Why Gravity Fed Colonic & Not a Machine
The Woods Gravity Method, the original method of Colon Hydrotherapy, uses gravity instead of a pressurized machine. It is a manual therapy that allows your therapist to feel what is happening inside your body. Feedback from clients reflect a preference for this gentle procedure, as it is simple and relaxing.
The Colonic Procedure
- First, you will use the restroom to relieve your bladder.
- You will disrobe from the waist down and put on a pair of colonic shorts.
- A 5-gallon tank of warm water is refilled several times during the session.
- The water enters and exits your body to gently bathe the colon as the therapist performs abdominal massage.
- The Gravity Method is a “closed system,” which means everything exits through a closed tube and goes straight into the plumbing. There is a clear view tube for the therapist to see and discuss of what is released.
- During the session the therapist explains the anatomy and physiology of the colon, discusses nutrition and lifestyle changes that may benefit you. She will also answer any questions you may have.
The Colonic Instrument
- The instrument, called a speculum, is warmed, lubricated and gently inserted into the rectum.
- It is made of stainless steel and is sterilized in a medical-grade sterilizer called an autoclave; just like your dentist, doctor or hopitals use.
Call today to schedule your appointment and experience the most gentle, effective and safe form of colon therapy in the bay area; Woods gravity system at Bay Area Colon Therapy.